Dean, School of Professional Studies
Professor of Business
MBA Program Director
Phone: (973) 257-5190 ext. 2409
- Doctorate in Management, Organizational Leadership, University of Phoenix
- Masters of Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Montclair State University
- Associate of Arts, Fashion Merchandising, University of Bridgeport
- Certificate in Instructional Design Technology, University of Maryland
- Certificate in Neuroscience, Learning, and Online Instruction, Drexel University
Dr. Plantamura spent over 20 years in human resources information systems, managing and consulting in large organizations in systems implementation, consulting, strategic planning, and project management. She has experience in a variety of industries, including retail, banking, financial services, software, utilities, and pharmaceuticals, and she prepared an HR systems strategy for the United Nations. Dr. Plantamura was a co-founder and director of the Human Resources Information Management Society and a director for IHRIM, from which she received the prestigious Summit Award for significant contributions to the association’s advancement, as well as the Professional of Human Resources Information designation. Dr. Plantamura has taught at the college level for over 20 years in eight different institutions, and she has attained the Quality Matters Peer Reviewer Certification.
Dr. Plantamura has conducted in-depth research and completed dissertations the areas of workflow in human resources and leadership for the millennial generation. Current areas of interest include leadership, organizational behavior, organizational theory, change management, and project management.
Human Resource Information Systems Needs Analysis, Chapter 4 in Human Resource Information Systems (5th ed.), 2020.
Leadership and HRIT Projects: Be a Goose, Not an Octopus. Workforce Solutions Review, Dec. 2012/Jan. 2013.