It is our honor to announce that Diane Hristofis has been named the 2018 recipient of the SPS Adjunct Excellence Award. The award flows from student nominations and acknowledges an instructor who embodies the SPS Core Values. It was presented at our faculty development workshop on Saturday.
Diane has worked at SPS for nearly 6 years, sharing her expertise in courses such as math, business statistics, and operations management. In addition to teaching, Diane’s commitment to SPS shines through her ready willingness to tutor students and facilitate workshops, too. Diane’s composite student feedback sketches a dedicated instructor who provides students with a rigorous, meaningful, and supported educational experience. Notably, students tell us that Diane:
- “truly cares about students understanding the subject.”
- “was always available for assistance and set an expectation of excellence while providing us with the tools to succeed.”
- “demonstrated an amazing ability in understanding how students, who have been out of school for a significant number of years, learn. I can’t say enough about her and how much I appreciate all the time and patience she put forth to make me comfortable and ensure that I actually understood and learned a subject I have found difficult.”
- “makes the class enjoyable.”
- “gave feedback on assignments; [showed] passion teaching the subject.”
Congratulations Diane, and thank you for your unwavering service to the SPS community.